Thanks for stopping by the Appalachian Beekeepers Club web site. We are glad you are here! The Appalachian Beekeepers Club helps promote healthy bee colonies in the Appalachian mountains of western North Carolina — particularly the Murphy, NC area. If you are a new beekeeper, an experienced beekeeper, or simply thinking of becoming a beekeeper, come join us!
- Monday, February 3
- 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm
- Mountain Folk Center, 65 Folk Center Circle, Murphy, NC
- For a complete list of priorities, see our Local Beekeeping Calendar.
- Repair or replace equipment as necessary.
- Order NUCs or packages.
- Open your hives mid February and do first inspection. Cross your fingers!
- Feed your bees and add pollen patties to help increase laying.
- Locate and Register for Bee School!